PRINCETON FLYING SCHOOL
SAFETY * EXPERIENCE * QUALITY SERVICE
Private Pilot Course Rate Sheet (as of September 2023)
Princeton Flying School (formerly Raritan Valley Flying School) has been training pilots for an avocation and vocation since 1973. Having started at Kupper Airport, the company moved to Princeton Airport (39N) in 1985. Over the many years of operation the school has trained pilots for the Air Force, ROTC Rutgers and Princeton, Marine Platoon Leaders Program, Veteran Training, students from foreign countries, and Mercer County Community College.
However Princeton Flying School's primary function is to train students who come to the flight school from the region. Students come from as far as Staten Island, Long Island, and eastern Pennsylvania to seek training at a school where the staff is professional and there is a large, well-maintained fleet.
Princeton Flying School is a Part 61 FAA-approved flight school. We use the Jeppessen syllabus, for a structured flight school environment. Please contact us for details regarding Part 61 vs. Part 141/142 flight schools.
Staff: Princeton Flying School has a staff of instructors who have flown and instructed for many years as well as new instructors who are energetic and anxious to share their newly acquired knowledge. This mixture serves the needs of the students as some instructors are part time employees while others are at the school on a full time basis. Every Princeton Flying School student and instructor follows the Jeppesen Guided Flight Discovery curriculum for standardization via the syllabus. Periodically students will fly with another instructor for progress checks to assure that the student meets the school standards
Transfer Students: Princeton Flying School regularly accept students who transfer to our school. The student would fly with a senior flight instructor who will evaluate the students prior training. Then he/she is integrated into the Jeppesen curriculum. If they have some of the books that we require, we deduct those cost from our enrollment package.
The Princeton Flying School staff of instructors can meet the course needs of students training for the private pilot, instrument, commercial, and certified flight instructor. Instruction is given seven days a week from 8AM until dark, by appointment. The years of experience with students from every age, socio-economic background, ethnic, sex, etc, make the "wanna-be-pilot" welcome.
In addition to a large fleet of airplanes, Princeton Flying School has about 6-8 flight instructors, both full time and part-time on staff. We try to match the student to the instructor who will accommodate the student's needs the best.
International Students: If you are not an American citizen, you must get a clearance from the Transportation Security Administration before you start. Go to their website fts.tsa.dhs.gov/home. Once we get the clearance, you can begin training. We are not authorized to issue I-20 forms. Please check with your embassy for visa requirements.
Now Available - Online Scheduling for Princeton Flying School current students.. Click to Register
Advantages that make Princeton Flying School the right choice:
- Most flight schools in this area fly aircraft built in the mid 1970's - Princeton Flying School operates a newer fleet, offering moving map GPS's (and WAAS-enabled GPS,) for better safety and higher performance.
- Trouble finishing your rating? Princeton Flying School offer a free logbook review which can help us advise you for the route to take to get your license, and get your check-ride passed quickly.
- More aircraft available for training and rental than a typical flight school. Princeton Flying School currently offer 8 aircraft.
- Princeton Flying School operates at a lower cost due to the fact we operate the fuel, maintenance and ramp area so we can offer competitively priced flight training to our student pilots.
- Princeton Flying School has been operating an average three times longer, if not more, and produced many more pilots than any other flight school in the central New Jersey region.
Come check us out today!